Conditions for obtaining the benefit
Prospective spouses must meet all the legal conditions of marriage:
- To have reached the legal age and in the absence of a court authorization.
- The consent of the future spouses.
- A confirmation by two honorable witnesses of the exemption of future spouses from all statutory impediments.
- Fixing a dowry for the wife.
- Birth certificate for both spouses.
- Prenuptial medical certificate.
- Photocopy of the national identity card or other official document proving the identity of both spouses.
- Authorization of the court for those who have not reached the legal age.
- Written agreement of the guardian by authentic instrument if he does not attend the conclusion of the marriage contract
- Extract from the death certificate of the husband or wife for widows and widowers, dispatch of the divorce judgment for divorcees
- Marriage power of attorney, if applicable.
- Administrative authorization for those internal security forces subject to prior marriage authorization such as active customs and national army agents
- Certificate from the consulate or embassy certifying the possibility to contract the marriage for foreigners.
- Presentation of the identity card for each of the two witnesses who must meet the legal requirements.
The steps to follow:
Either spouses or their official proxy must:
- Submit a request to the registrar
- Provide required parts
- Set a date for the conclusion of the marriage contract
- The parties as well as the witnesses and the registrar must sign the marriage contract
Civil registry officers of the municipal district
Place of filing of the file:
Civil Registry of the Municipal District
Time limit for obtaining the service:
Between two days and one week
Legislative and/or regulatory references
- Articles 15 and 32 to 39 of Law No. 57-3 of 1 August 1957 regulating civil status.
- Decree of 13 August 1956 promulgating the Code of Personal Status, together the texts, which amended it.
- Specific statutes relating to the active bodies of internal security forces, customs agents, military forces and diplomatic agents.